The Ankori Educational Network was founded over 70 years ago by a charismatic teacher, Chanoch Ankori, in his own living room on Ben-Yehuda St. in Tel-Aviv. Since then, we have guided tens of thousands of students from high school to the academia, published textbooks, launched projects and branched out to new fields of education throughout Israel.
The Ankori Education Network is active in several fields:
- Seven private high schools, recognized and supervised by the Ministry of Education;
- Studio Ankori, a thriving six-year junior high and high school for Creative Thinking and Innovation based on a multidisciplinary curriculum;
- Preparatory courses for the Psychometric Entrance Test (PET), held three times a year across the country;
- Preparatory courses for Summer and Winter Bagrut exams, held at Bagrut study centers across Israel;
- The Ankori Publishing House publishes dozens of textbooks, Bagrut prep books and PET prep books;
- Development of digital platforms for online learning including e-textbooks, a Facebook app PET prep, and an online system for grading PET practice tests;
- Ankori provides formal and informal education courses for the Israel Prison Service personnel; and manages driving theory tests centers for the Ministry of Transport.
The Ankori Educational Network was established in 1948 by a charismatic teacher, Chanoch Ankori, in his own living room on Ben-Yehuda St. in Tel-Aviv. In 1973, Hanoch Ankori retired wand was succeeded by Aviva and Avi Haber, who worked alongside Chanoch for many years. Gradually, the Habers bought Chanoch Ankori’s share in the company. Over time, they expanded Ankori’s activities to include preparatory courses for the Psychometric Entrance Test (PET) and Bagrut exams across the country, and established Ankori’s Publishing House.
Over the years, the Ankori Education Network has become a center of attraction for highly able, excellent teachers with leadership skills.
During the 1990s, Ankori branched out to include a network of private schools recognized and supervised by the Ministry of Education. Today, the Ankori Education Network also provides formal and informal education courses for the Israel Prison Service personnel; and manages driving theory tests centers for the Ministry of Transport.
We’re here to provide each and every student with a personal experience of success and fulfillment, leading in turn to self-development and self-worth. We encourage learning through choice and personal accountability.
We accomplish our goals through professionalism and creativity; we constantly develop advanced pedagogical tools and teaching methods, and we employ the best teachers and educators.
We believe in flexibility, both of thought and of the organization in which we work and create. We foster mutual trust and respect among our students and faculty; and we encourage our students to take initiative and learn constantly.
The Ankori Education Network is committed to results, social and cultural awareness and activism within their communities.
We are committed to personalized learning frameworks and small classrooms. This allows us to dedicate time, effort and attention to every student – all crucial aspects on the road to goal achievement.
The Ankori Education Network follows these core values:
- Professionalism: self-confidence, goals, results
- Innovation: creativity, courage, audacity
- Choice: flexibility, personalized learning, social activism
- Trust: safe spaces, transparency, an authentic dialogue
- Self-respect and respect for others: accepting the other, learner-centered education